Thursday, April 4

Writing News

Writing NEWS April 2019


Part of my 2018/19 goals is, as you may remember from my post to 5. Write more shorts and SUBMIT to competitions

Well, true to my goal, I have been writing away and sending off to many, many competitions in these first three months of 2019. 

And I have good news: THREE of my flash-Fiction stories, 'Match', 'Spacepirates' and 'Take Away' will be published mid 2019 in the SciFi anthology Worlds - Dark Drabbles #1, by Black Hare Press.

Admittedly, it was a challenge on many levels, last but not least to write the whole story in exactly one hundred words!

I also learned something about myself in the process. By pushing my self-made boundaries out (e.g. what I can and cannot write about), I entered another world of opportunities and possibilities that I haven't imagined before. 





> So it is true: if you can imagine it, it can come true!<

I know now that I can imagine and write about worlds set in the future that feel alien and yet strangely familiar and possible all the same. 


(Only - I really, really hope that what I have imagined in these two stories about spacepirates and newly colonised planets will stay what it is - Science Fiction!)


I'll post more about it when it comes out later this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment