Friday, October 19

Reading at Wollongong Writers Festival 2018

Reading at Wollongong Writers Festival 2018





I read my most recent work, A Tale From The Cabbage Tree Forrest in August (see poster) and I'm excited to announce that I will be reading my eco tale again at the upcoming Wollongong Writers Festival at the beautiful Wollongong Art Gallery on 24 November, 2018. 

(If you are looking for Freddy Iryss on the program you won't find the name anywhere - I let you in on a secret: I also read and write (non-Fiction) under another name, Friederike Krishnabhakdi-Vasilakis!)

I will do so alongside writers I have looked up to for years: Joshua Lobb, his book The Flight of Birds, will be released by Sydney University Press in 2019, Christine Howe, author of Song in the Dark (2013), which was published by Penguin in 2013, and of course Catherine McKinnon whose latest novel, Storyland was published by Harper Collins in 2017. Catherine and I talked about her book last year at the Sydney Writers' Festival Live&Local before it was short-listed for the Miles Franklin Award 2018 and voted one of the 5 most popular books in 2017 on Jennifer Byrne’s ABC Bookclub! 

I hear you asking what am I doing amidst such a stellar line up? Good question. Well, I'll be there for the young ones in the audience --and those who like to listen to stories about frogs, whales and lyrebirds and majestic Cabbage trees (the ones that once stood tall in Figtree).


Things We Want To Know But Forget To Ask

Stories about the painted past and the precarious future. 

Join Illawarra writers as they come together to read short works inspired by paintings from the Jewels in the Crown exhibition at Wollongong Art Gallery. These diverse writers of poetry and prose, fiction and nonfiction are interested in the land and waterways of the Illawarra, in the relationships between humans and other species, in wind, weather and waste, and the changing nature of life on this planet. Featuring readings by Tess Barber, Christine Howe, Luke Johnson, Friederike Krishnabhakdi-Vasilakis, Joshua Lobb and Catherine McKinnon.

On Saturday 24 November 2018 at 2:30pm-3:45pm
Tickets $15
LOCATION
 Wollongong Writers Festival -Visit our website to see the full program nt.
Wollongong Art Gallery
46 Burelli Street, Wollongong, NSW 2500


No comments:

Post a Comment