Thursday, August 16

The Journey Begins

This is my first blog post and I’m nervous. Nervous not because I haven’t done a blog post before, but because it’s on my very own BLOG, where I want to write about my own interest as a reader and writer of children’s fiction.

So first up, thank you for making it to my second paragraph.

Originally, I wanted my first blog post to be about one of my favourite picture books about dogs, called Sad the Dog, by Sandy Fussell. But then - so much has happened lately, I thought I should start with some other, very exciting news about my ‘new life’ as a blogger. So sorry, Sad, you will have to wait a bit longer to get your time in the spotlight.

Where to begin? The past month was filled with firsts: I went to my first Kids&YA Festival at Writing NSW (who also just morphed from the NSWWriters Centre in this new, exciting entity, called Writing NSW); I wrote my first eco-fairy tale, A Tale from the Cabbage Tree Forest (which I will be reading live on 4 August, 2018, at the Wollongong Art Gallery – more on that soon!); and – I’m super thrilled to announce that I won the Buzz Words competition in July, 2018. If you are a subscriber of the Buzz Word Magazine at http://www.buzzwordsmagazine.com/ you can read about it in the 15 July issue. Maybe I even share my winning entry in a future post!

So, look out for the next few blog posts as they will cover 1) an introduction of a very patient and brave dog, called Sad, 2) the makings of an eco tale – how it came about and where it’s headed in the next few weeks, 3) who I met at the Kids&YA Festival in Sydney and maybe 4) a post of my winning entry. Oh yes, and I might blog about bicycles, for sure, as I have written stories on and about bicycles, and I admit, I'm a little bit obsessed with the idea of riding my bike.



For now, I’m doing some more pillow research on my next story. Some of the best story ideas come while sleeping. Wouldn’t you agree?



"The right vehicle makes the tour more fun." — FKV 2018


No comments:

Post a Comment